Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Walk in the Clouds, a palette painting of four angels by Sandra Cutrer

"A Walk in the Clouds". This is an original painting in thick oils with palette knives and loaded brushes on a 16" x 20" stretched canvas. It is ready for your favorite frame in your favorite spot! The background is smoother than the subjects, giving it more interest and depth. There are four angels, with the smallest one holding a stuffed bear.They appear to be walking on clouds, while a beautiful white dove hovers over them.This painting was created totally from my heart. No references were used. It just came to me as I painted,although it was started months ago,and recently finished (the paint is still very wet).

There have been so many tragedies happening around me lately. Sadly, we lost a neighbor child, and then one of her parents was diagnosed with a terminal brain disease. During all of his, I have concentrated on becoming a hospice volunteer.Since I have lost family and close friends to several types of diseases, including various cancers, I thought I could be of some help to patients and family members who are going through this tragic time in their own lives.

While I was working on this piece, I think my heart was  reminding my brain that there is more to life than the few years we are blessed with on this planet. Our real lives start with the one we will receive when we leave these fleshly bodies. A place where there will be no more death, tears, or sorrows pf any kind. We shall be transformed to be like HIM- our Saviour and GOD. What an awesome promise we have! To be able to lay down our burdens forever, and live in peace, total beauty, and a place where we will never grow old, weak, or feeble. How wonderful is that!


***This piece was donated to Hospice of Texas City, Texas. I would love to paint one similar especially for you. Please contact me for details.

Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

Blessings, 
Sandra Cutrer,Fine Art  
sandracutrer.com 



It's raining cats and dogs... by Sandra Reeves Cutrer

I totally enjoy painting pet portraits, in oils, so much! Here are a few of my custom/commissioned pieces. I hope you wil enjoy them.If yo...